How we work
PARTNER WITH SCHOOLS:
Create football Academies to attract and keep participants at school.
STAFF ACADEMIES APPROPRIATELY:
Staff with full time, suitably trained mentors who are often former teachers or professional sportsmen. Capture the participants’ attention and gain their respect and trust.
DEVELOP POSITIVE ATTITUDES:
Develop self esteem and positive attitudes towards health, education and employment. Expose participants to a wide range of life experiences which challenge and develop. Reward achievements with trips and exposure to new challenges.
ASSIST WITH EMPLOYMENT AND PROVIDE ON-GOING SUPPORT:
Find employment for graduates and support them in making the transition from school to the work place. Act like family and stay in their lives.
CLONTARF IS A SOPHISTICATED BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE PROGRAM NOT A SPORTING PROGRAM.
There are broad social benefits resulting from the programs, with statistical and anecdotal evidence of improved educational attendance and outcomes.
In particular, students involved in our programs achieve the following outcomes
• Attendance at school greater than 80%
• Re-enter education after prolonged absences
• Year on year retention at school – not less than 90% (well above state averages)
• Enhanced self-esteem and self awareness
• Knowledge and experience gained to make healthy lifestyle decisions
• Set goals and persevere to achieve them
• Reduced cases of criminal re-offending
• Improved academic results (basic literacy and numeracy through to high school graduation)
• A greater understanding of, and access to, the employment opportunities available to them
• More than 75% of Clontarf graduates engaged in employment or training within 6 months of completing school
The Clontarf Foundation is a charitable not-for-profit organisation registered as an Unlisted Public Company Limited by Guarantee which complies with the relevant Federal Government Acts in Australia.
Funding for our programs is received in equal parts from the Federal government, State or Territory governments and the private sector.